To:Conservation Commission Memberscc: Selectboard and Public
for the Commission Meeting held 11 December 2002 at 1900 in the Town Hall
Minutes of the November
meeting were approved.
Reports on meetings and
Relocation and Planning Committee--Anne Packard
The committee has made a presentation to the
Selectboard on design of the new station.
Larry Spencer met with
the Selectboard on 10 December 2002 as to budget.While the Selectboard turned down the
line item for conservation funding for future acquisitions, a warrant
article will be presented to the Town Meeting in March suggesting 50% of
the change use penalty tax up to $5000 annually.It was agreed that we would attempt to
publish the warrant item before the Town Meeting, including documentation
on how many other towns use this method of funding for conservation
Report from Jacque as
to talks to owners about property easements – Jacque talked with one of
the property owners between HCS and the TownForest who wants to think
about it but seems to be willing to let the kids walk on the back of his
property.The Town would pay for
installation of a fence to protect his property.Jacque will continue with the
Report on joint
meeting with Campton Conservation Committee to discuss trails and other
common items.Larry Spencer, Anne
Packard, and Betsey Moran met with Jane Kellogg of the Campton
Conservation Commission.It was
agreed that a joint project would be beneficial to the residents of both
towns; we agreed to continue discussions.
Permits and other
matters. (to be determined by visit to mail box) There was no mail for the
site--how updates will be handled during my leave of absence – Betsey
Moran will email minutes, agenda and other pertinent documents to Larry
while he is gone.He will post the
files to the web site.
Winter schedule of
meetings, events and tasks to be accomplished
scheduled meeting to discuss joint efforts with Squam Lakes Conservation
Society.WarrenLake will provide
information on landowners between HCS and Town and PiloteForests.
Winter open house will
be discussed in January to determine if there is an available date.
WarrenLake, executive director
of the Squam Lakes Conservation Society showed the commissioners a map of
conserved properties in and near the Squam watershed.We agreed joint efforts would benefit
Reggie Pettitt (HoldernessSchool) and Ron Reynolds (HoldernessCentralSchool) discussed a joint
project with the HoldernessSchool, Holderness Central
and the Conservation Commission on GIS.Several projects were discussed as possibilities.Reggie and Ron will continue to
research and decide which project is feasible.The time frame is March 3-13, with a
concluding presentation to Town officials.A possible date for the presentation
would be the Commission meeting on March 12.
Tasks for the evening
Annual Report was
refined and accepted.Larry will
send it on to Paul Weston.
A position paper as to
uses of Conservation Properties was adopted, with details to be filled
in.The position paper will be
posted on the website and will be available to be presented should the
Other business as
The Holderness Police
Department requested use of either the Town Forest or the Pilote Forest for a
rifle range.Chairman Spencer responded
that these properties were not appropriate sites for a rifle range.
It was agreed that Chairman
Spencer will hire George Frame to continue his forest management research on
the Town Forest and Riverside Park, as 2002 funds permit.
9.The meeting was adjourned at .
members in attendance:
Jewell, Betsey Moran, Anne Packard, Larry Spencer - Chair
Holderness Conservation Commission Members:
Johnson, Betsey Moran, Anne Packard, Jacque Jewell, Larry Spencer - Chair.