To:  Conservation Commission Members                    cc: Selectboard and Public Notice

 

From:  Larry T. Spencer, Chair

 

Date:  12 March 2007

 

Re:  15 February 2007 meeting, 7 pm, downstairs, townhall 

 

Minutes

 

1.      Approval of Minutes from the January meeting (these are posted on the website: http://www.holdernessconservationcommission.org)--Approved as distributed

2.      Permits and other matters (mailbox check)

a.       Anne and Steve Lovett-Woodsum—2 acre cut (already accomplished)

3.      Up Coming Meetings and courses.

a.       NH Water Conference—9th April, Grapone Center.  Grant from the USGS. Co-sponsors are CFE, DES and USGS

b.      Presentation of NH Wildlife Action Plan—April 16th, SLNSC

4.      Old Business

a.       Reynolds property status--Nothing

b.      Filing of materials—Did we get the folders, etc.?

                                                              i.      Got Filing folders, go a key, but it doesn’t work will get new key

c.      Sign on Conservation Easement-Nancy

                                                              i.      Nothing done yet

d.      Carbon initiative warrant article—Update, Larry

                                                              i.      Article 16 for Town Meeting.  Larry will Xerox handouts for the town meeting.

e.      Continued planning for March meeting on Vernal Pools with a follow-up April workshop on Vernal pools—update, Larry

                                                              i.      Has contacted SLNSC, arranged for the 7th of April for the workshop. Janet volunteered to help with the workshop. Will send additional details as needed.  Larry will produce handout for the town meeting.

f.       Royea’s—Barbara and Nancy

                                                              i.      Walter and Peter have made an on-site visit. Walter and Peter are going to a meeting in Tamworth. Still waiting for final report from the Greenyards vist

g.      Local Conservation Commissions—Need to set a date

                                                              i.      Jacque will contact Sandra Crystal to determine a date suitable to her and to members of the committee

h.      January meeting with Selectboard—Larry

                                                              i.      Chair meet with the Selectboard on the 25th.  Topics were the proposed amendment and possible meeting with PAREI.  Larry will make arrangements with PAREI for a short presentation before the Selectboard (possibly in April).  Should talk to Walter about this matter.

5.      New Business

a.       Site visit to Webster Proposed cut—Written report is on website under miscellaneous reports.

b.      March meeting date—I will be gone on the 15th.  Do we need to meet or not?

                                                              i.      It was decided not to meet on our regular meeting data because of the town meeting the night before. Jacque will be arranging for a special meeting with Sandra Crystal.

                                                           ii.      Short conversation about the Comprehensive Shoreland Protection Act. It was decided that the chair should write a letter to Judith Spang endorsing HB 383

6.      Other Business

a.       No other business came before the group

  

CC members in attendance

 

 

Barbara, Jacque, Anne, Nancy and Janet