To:  Conservation Commission Members                    cc: Selectboard and Public Notice

From:  Larry T. Spencer, Chair

Date:  15 May 2006

 

Draft Minutes

  1. Approval of Minutes from the 15th of April meeting (these are posted on the website: http://www.holdernessconservationcommission.org) --Approved as distributed with minor change in 4 c from “to” to “two”.
  2. Permits and other matters
    1. Logging Permits
      1. Trapper Brown, Rt. 175, two permits
      2. Webster Property, Perch Pond, one permit
    2. Lake Forest Property—notice from DES indicated application was missing some data.
  3. Up Coming Meetings and courses:
    1. 13 September—New Hampshire Coverts Program. Must file application by 12 June
    2. Summer 2006, Various times and various courses dealing with GPS and GIS, Cooperative Extension
  4. Old Business
    1. Butternut Lane matters—Chair mentioned e-mail response to memo sent to Peter was three in favor with two not responding. The report of 17 May was accepted by the commission by a vote of 5-0. If matters pertaining to changes at the Butternut Lane property came up while chair was in Colorado, they would be handled by Reggie.
    2. Letter to William Russell re property on Mt. Prospect (Chair)—Chair will send letter and get in contact with Mr. Russell
    3. Progress with respect to future trail work on Pilote Property (Reggie)—Reggie will continue to work on this matter. Chair will get in contact with Tom Stepp to do the boundary on the Pilotte property.
    4. Memo to Plymouth Conservation Commission and Planning Board—Memo was approved and sent to Plymouth Planning Board, the Record Enterprise and to other Conservation Commissions in the area.
    5. Letter to Fred Allen concerning visit on the 19 of April—Letter was approved and sent to Fred Allen and to the Ousteckys
  5. New Business
    1. Meeting and work schedule for the rest of the spring and summer—meeting on the 14th of June.  It was decided to have a social meeting with a visit to a town wetland. Some discussion was had as to which wetland. Jacque suggested that we visit a non-designated wetland adjacent to Mountain Road. It was also noted that the 14th was a bad day and that we should meet the 21st at Jacque’s house.
    2. Report on the Waukewan Watershed presentation—Chair mentioned the major elements of the presentation and the relationship of the watershed to Holderness. Only a small part of the watershed is in Holderness and most of that is very rural.
    3. Report on the meeting with Selectboard—Chair mentioned the combined board meeting and the major outcomes. All members should now be receiving the minutes and agendas of the Selectboard.
  6. Other Business
    1. File cabinet and file folders—Barbara will look into this matter. We have run out of room to file papers. Question also as to how to file materials. Planning Board is now filing materials by lot number rather than names, as names change, but lot numbers don’t.
    2. Brief discussion was held on the Reynold’s subdivision application. Anne or Barbara will represent the commission at the next meeting of the Planning Board. It was also agreed that the commission should meet at Jacque’s to see the effects of the spring rains on her property and how those rains affect Owl Brook.

 

Spring Meeting Schedule:

21 June 2006

 

 

 

CC members in attendance

Barbara, Jacque, Anne, Reggie and myself.  Guests:  Peter Francesco and Theresa Long.